Theme Explorer

Page 16 of 17 299 Records Found

The Kings Arms, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

A postcard view of the King's Arms which was originally named The Unicorn. Its neo-Elizabethan timber framed facade covers the original Elizabethan structure. On the extreme right is Perry’s butchers ...

The Old Cottages, Rugeley

A close up view of the timber-framed cottages that can be seen other postcard views of Horsefair close to todays Globe Island. The man near the bicycle is standing in Elmore Lane. Behind the cottages ...

The Royal Oak, Rushton Spencer

Originally a farm, the Royal Oak has been a pub since 1818.

The Square, Codsall Village

A view of the Bull Inn on the Square, Codsall. There is a children's crossing guard on the pavement next to Stockman's shop on the right.

The Square, Codsall Village

The junction of Station Road and Wolverhampton Road with Stockman's corner shop on the right, and Angus Stewart's shop and Lloyds Bank in Station Road.

The Square, Great Haywood

This postcard view is looking north-east from Trent Lane to the Square and Main Road in the centre of the village. The building on the left is Great Haywood Post Office and on its right is the Clifford ...

The Terrace, Cheadle

The steps on the left lead to a solicitor's office. This pathway was formerly the approach to the old parish church (1340-1837), and behind the trees is part of the churchyard. The trees were taken down ...

The Wheel Public House, Codsall

Postcard view of of the Wheel public house on Wolverhampton Road, Codsall. Thomas Bentley in 1849 owned a house, garden and croft measuring over an acre of land. Thomas was a wheelwright so when he ...

The White Hart Hotel, Alton

This postcard view of the White Hart Hotel, High Street, Alton was franked at 2.00 AM on 21 June, 1910 in Stoke on Trent and posted to an address in Hanley.

The Woodman, the Green, Bilbrook

A view of the Woodman public house on Bilbrook Green.

Tithe Barn Road, Stafford,

View from St. John's Walk. On the right is the site of the tithe barn, which gave the road its name. The left hand side is virtually unchanged and could be easily recognised today.

Tittensor Road

Cyclists taking a break, looking north towards Tittensor, with Tittensor Chase on the left. This is now the busy A34 dual carriageway. A postcard view published by T.G. Adie of High Street, Stone. ...

Tittensor Road,

Two Waters Way, Stafford

Looking south west towards Kingston Hill and Tixall Road, the two new bridges pictured form part of a new pedestrian and cycle route over the Rivers Penk and Sow along with an elevated section across ...

Upper Brook Street, Rugeley

A quiet scene in Upper Brook Street, Rugeley. On the left is a glimpse of a sign for the Crown public house and on the right are several set-back shops which replaced cottages demolished in the 1930s. ...

Uttoxeter Market

Market Place on Market Day, looking past the 1780 conduit, with various stalls around the outside of the square.

Uttoxeter Market

Market Place on Market Day, looking past the 1780 conduit, with various stalls around the outside of the square.

View of Bridge Street, Stafford

On the far right is Burgess' agricultural engineers, now replaced by Allied Carpets. The clock tower belongs to the Royal Brine Baths, built in 1892. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade ...