Theme Explorer

Page 15 of 16 277 Records Found

Stoke War Hospital, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A male ward at the hospital. The ward is decorated with flags and flowers, to possibly celebrate the end of the First World War.

Stoke-on-Trent Mass Radiography Centre, Ashlands, Stoke-on-Trent

Ashlands is the large detached house in the centre of the photograph on Hartshill Road, just before the junction with The Avenue. Off to the left was the Limes Maternity Hospital. Ashlands was the Mass ...

Stone - Spring Vale: sepia wash drawing

'Spring Vale.' Showing a large white house with wings, on rising ground. There is a garden with a pool which has one fountain and swans. To the right and the left of the garden are dense trees. Artist: ...

Stores, St. Edwards Hospital, Cheddleton

Summer Staff Dance at Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hosptial

Both indoor and outdoor hospital staff are pictured here in the front hall of Biddulph Grange.

Tamworth General Hospital, Hospital Street, Tamworth

The Hospital was founded in 1880 by Reverend William MacGregor. It was originally quite a small single storey building, but was extended on a number of occasions. The section of the building with the ...

Thatched Cottages, Rolleston

The Accident Home, Hednesford

A postcard view of Hednesford Accident Home which was posted in 1910. In 1896 Ford House on Littleworth Road, Hednesford was fitted out as an Accident Home by Hednesford Hospital Board. It was mostly ...

The Clinic, Arthur Street, Chadsmoor

The building is a brick-built one- storey structure with a shaped and tiled roof. It has a porticoed doorway and a light either side of door. Four young mothers with children and a man stand outside the ...

The Cottage Hospital, Barton-under-Needwood

Barton Cottage Hospital stood on Short Lane and opened in 1879. Barton Community Health and Care Centre Centre opened in Barton under Needwood in 2007 replacing the much loved but outdated Barton Cottage ...

The Cottage Hospital, Leek

The Cottage Hospital (Alsop Memorial Hospital) was built in 1870, by the gift of Mrs A.E. Alsop in memory of her late husband, James Alsop, J.P. The site was given by two of his nephews, John and Robert ...

The Cottage, Rolleston

The Infirmary of the former Burton Abbey, Burton-on-Trent

The drawing was produced in 1818 prior to the re-building which now forms the Abbey Inn. The building in the background is one of Robert Peel's cotton mills at Bond End, c1780-90. Originally powered by ...

The Limes Maternity Hospital, Hartshill Road, Stoke-on-Trent

The Limes was used as a maternity block for the main North Staffs Royal Infirmary. This Victorian house was converted into a maternity hospital in 1928 at a cost of £14,000. The building was demolished ...

The Lodge, Military Hospital, Newcastle-under-Lyme

The Lodge at the Military Hospital on Newcastle Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme. The building has since been demolished and is now (2017) occupied by part of the Royal Stoke University Hospital car park. During ...

Toddlers at Biddulph Grange Orthopaedic Hospital

This cheery bunch of youngsters pictured in the hospital grounds, have all had their legs bandaged as part of their treatment for a range of illnesses including C.T.E.V. , C.D.H. (Congenitally Deformed ...

Treatment Room, Royal Brine Baths, Stafford,

The brine baths were believed to cure rheumatism, the warm brine improving circulation. This photograph shows the gentlemen's private treatment room. In the 1880s a thick bed of salt was discovered ...

Tutbury Health Centre

This view of the Health Centre on Monk Street, Tutbury, was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon.