Theme Explorer

Page 14 of 17 295 Records Found

Seighford Village,

Seven Stars Inn, Seisdon

The Seven Stars stands on the corner of Fox Road and Tinker's Castle Road. This building was demolished and a new pub was built by Ansell's brewery on the same site during the inter war years.

Shops on Rowley Street, Stafford,

Cotterell's sweet shop on Rowley Street, looking east towards Marston Road. Beyond can be seen the 'Ekco' signs outside Goodwin's electrical goods shop.

Slipper Inn, Stafford,

The licensee in the doorway is James Simkin who was licensee before the war until the Slipper Inn was closed in the 1950s. The heart-shaped sign is advertising Butler's Ales.

St. Clair Street. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at St. Clair Street, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas ...

St. Joseph's Convent, Stafford

The building on the left was originally Forebridge Villa, built on Lichfield Road in the early nineteenth century. The house was bought in 1903 by sisters from the French Order of St. Joseph of Cluny. ...

St. Michael’s Square, Penkridge

A postcard view of St. Michael's Square, looking north towards Stafford. To the right is Lees' bakery and beyond it can be seen the three gables of the White Hart public house on Stone Cross. This ...

Stafford Co-op Department Store

In this photograph of Stafford Co-op Department Store, the location is the corner of Crabbery Street and Princess Street Precinct. There is a poster to the left of the entrance doors announcing this Store ...

Stafford Cycle Club,

Stafford Pageant Float with Entrants

Entry in the annual Stafford Pageant, seen on the corner of Siemens Road (Sabine Street is in the background). The float is a copy of an early Biplane built around two bicycles which was probably inspired ...

Stafford Pageant Procession,

Pageant procession seen on Foregate Street, opposite the end of Glover Street. The procession through Stafford ended with a fair on the town common. A prize was awarded to the best decorated entries ...

Stafford Prison and Gaol Road

The outer wall and twin towers of Stafford Gaol, which were demolished in 1952 in order to widen Gaol Road. The advertisements in the background are for Tinkler's grocers and Oveltine.

Stafford Street, Eccleshall

A postcard view looking north along Stafford Street (A519), Eccleshall. Centre right is the King's Arms which was originally named The Unicorn. Its neo-Elizabethan timber framed facade covers the original ...

Star Supply Stores, Market Place, Leek

This shop is occupied by Thornton's Chocolate and Hallmark Cards in 2013.

Station Road, Codsall

Angus Stewart's shop and Lloyds Bank in Station Road.

Station Road, Codsall

Angus Stewart's shop and Lloyds Bank in Station Road.

Station Road, Rugeley

Post card view of Station Road, Rugeley, looking north east from the road bridge over the Trent & Mersey Canal. A small shop to the left advertises "Brasso for brightness".

Stoke upon Trent Town Hall, Glebe Street

This 1904 view along Glebe Street shows on the left, St Peter's Cambers, the Town Hall and the Glebe public house. The road between St Peter's Chambers (now demolished) and the Town Hall became Kingsway. ...