Theme Explorer

Page 14 of 16 277 Records Found

Stafford - Asylum: engraving

'Asylum, Stafford.' Showing a large plain building of three storeys, in park-like grounds. A man and woman are walking in the foreground.'Drawn by F. Calvert; Engraved by T. Radclyffe; Published by ...

Stafford - County General Infirmary: pen drawing

'Stafford General Infirmary.' Plan and elevation.Scale 1 inch to 10 feet.[See SV IX.29, for drawing of building as it stood.] 'Benj. Wyatt and Sons, archit., [architects].'

Stafford - County General Infirmary: sepia drawing

'County General Infirmary at Stafford,' viewed from the road. Showing a three storey building with a colonnaded porch. It has a central block with wings, behind railings and a wall.[See SV IX.30, for ...

Stafford - New Lodge to the Asylum: sepia drawing

'The New Lodge to the Asylum at Stafford,' taken from the road. Showing a one-storey building behind a perimeter wall, situated by the entrance gateway.'J. B.,' [John Buckler.]

Stafford General Hospital

Construction of the new District Hospital at Coton Hill, Weston Road. It was built on the site of the former Coton Hill Asylum, which was built in the 1850s and opened in 1854. The building remained ...

Stafford General Infirmary

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. ...

Stafford General Infirmary

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. An ...

Stafford General Infirmary

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. ...

Stafford General Infirmary

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. ...

Stafford General Infirmary,

The foundations of Stafford General Infirmary began in a rented house in Foregate Street in 1766, making it one of the oldest hospitals in the country. Funds were acquired through subscriptions and bequests. ...

Stafford Hospital Protest March

Members of the public on a march protesting against the proposed cuts and the downgrading of services at Stafford Hospital. This photograph was taken on Weston Road in Littleworth, an area of Stafford ...

Stafford Union Workhouse

The Stafford Union Workhouse was built on Marston Road in 1838. From 1948 the building was used as an old people's home and as the Fernleigh Hospital. It was demolished in 1971. Postcard published ...

Standon Hall

Standon Hall, built in 1910 in Elizabethan style to designs by J. Francis Doyle of Liverpool for Thomas Anderson Salt, a career soldier and son of the banker Thomas Salt. It was an orthopaedic hospital ...

Standon Hall Orthopaedic Hospital

Interior view of the orthopaedic ward at Standon Hall Hospital. Standon Hall Orthopedic Hospital was managed by Stafford Hospital Management Committee. It closed when Stafford District General Hospital ...

Standon Hall Orthopaedic Hospital

Nurses and patients on the patio outside the orthopaedic ward at Standon Hall Hospital. Standon Hall Orthopedic Hospital was managed by Stafford Hospital Management Committee. It closed when Stafford ...

Standon Hall Orthopaedic Hospital

A general view of Standon Hall orthopedic hospital. The Hall, built in 1910 in Elizabethan style to designs by J. Francis Doyle of Liverpool, can be seen to the left. The newer building on the right ...

Standon Hall, Eccleshall

The Hall, built in 1910 in Elizabethan style to designs by J. Francis Doyle of Liverpool for Thomas Anderson Salt, a career soldier and son of the banker Thomas Salt. It was an orthopaedic hospital from ...

Stoke on Trent Nursing Headquarters, Bucknall

This unprepossessing building was the headquarters of the Stoke on Trent District Nursing and Home Nursing Service. it was at number 2 Marychurch Road in Bucknall. With the creation of the National Health ...