Theme Explorer

Page 13 of 17 299 Records Found

Presentation, Manor Hill County Primary School, Walton, Stone

Presentation to Philip Belcher of Manor Hill County Primary School who gained 100% marks in Stone Cycling proficiency Tests in 1964.

Primitive Methodist Chapel, Stafford,

Thomas Russell was a travelling Primitive Methodist preacher who first came to Stafford in 1835. The congregation met in a room in north Stafford until their first chapel opened in New Street. It ...

Promotional stunt for Odeon Cinema, Stafford

Dennis Holland riding a motorcycle and dressed as a character from the film 'Anatomy of a Murder' staring James Stewart, Lee Remick, Ben Gazzara, Eve Arden, George C. Scott, Arthur O'Connell, Kathryn ...

Purton's, High Street, Stone

A display stand of prams, bicycles and toy cars stocked by Purton's of High Street, Stone pictured in a marquee, possibly at the Staffordshire County Showground, Hopton, Stafford. Purton's sold prams, ...

Rear Yard of the Bear Inn, Stafford,

Rear yard of the Bear Inn on Greengate Street, which included a coach house. The Bear Inn was built in the seventeenth century Bear Inn on the site of the Old Black Bear Inn; it is possible some of ...

Red Lion Public House, Little Haywood,

This public house on the Main Road was once named The Bowyer Arms, after the family who owned Bishton Hall at that time. The inn sign was the family's coat of arms, which included a rampant red lion. ...

Reliant Stand, Earls Court, London

The Reliant stand at the Bicycle & Motor Cycle Show at Earls Court London. The Reliant Motor Company was formed in 1935 when Mr T.L. Williams decided to build his own three wheeled vehicle in his ...

Rough Close. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Rough Close, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Rowley Park, Stafford,

The Rowley Hall estate was bought by the Stafford Land Building and Improvement Company in 1866. The company built a model suburb, which was to have its own church and pleasure gardens. The scheme ...

Rugeley Road, Hednesford

This colour-tinted postcard view was taken on the Rugeley to Hednesford road, probably approaching Keeper's Cottage from Hednesford. The male cyclist posing for the photograph has a bicycle with dropped ...

Rugeley Town Station

A postcard view of Rugeley Town Station which was opened by the South Staffordshire Railway on the line between Rugeley and Walsall on 1 June 1870. There was initially much confusion between this ...

Salvation Army Band, Eccleshall,

Salvation Army band in Stafford Street.

Sandon Village

Stafford Lodges at the entrance to Sandon Hall. The Lodges were built in 1902, but the gate and gate piers are earlier. The gates were probably made in Gloucestershire by William Edney and were moved ...

Sandy Lane, Rugeley

This postcard view looks north along Sandy Lane towards Rugeley town centre. In the distance on the centre left is St Augustine’s Church tower and in the centre distance the Town Hall clock tower is visible ...

Scamnell House, Chebsey

Scamnell House stands north of Chebsey on the road to Norton Bridge.

School House, Eccleshall,

Seabourne's Bakery, Stafford,

Seabourne's Bakery at 1 Broad Street. Previously the shop had been Hollier's Bakery. Arthur Seabourne baked throughout the night to ensure the shop was freshly stocked the next morning. On the ...

Seighford Village

A postcard view of Seighford village looking south-east along The Cumbers towards the village centre. The building on the left was known as Fairbanks Farm. The black and white cottages on the right were ...