Theme Explorer

Page 13 of 16 277 Records Found

St. George's Hospital Chapel, Stafford

This was originally the chapel for the County Asylum on Corporation Street. The asylum opened in 1818, to accommodate 120 private and pauper patients. The hospital moved to Seisdon near Wolverhampton ...

St. George's Hospital, Stafford

The County Asylum on Corporation Street opened in 1818, to accommodate 120 private and pauper patients. The asylum moved to Seisdon near Wolverhampton in 1946 and the building became St. George's Hospital ...

St. George's Hospital, Stafford

The County Asylum on Corporation Street opened in 1818, to accommodate 120 private and pauper patients. The asylum moved to Seisdon near Wolverhampton in 1946 and the building became St. George's Hospital ...

St. John's Hospital and Chapel, Lichfield: engraving

Showing St. John's Hospital, [on St. John's Street.] North east view from the road, showing chiefly the chapel with the master's house adjoining to the west. Part of the old range of buildings (a door ...

St. John's Hospital and Chapel, Lichfield: pen and ink drawing

'St. John's Hospital Lichfield, 1495,' [on St. John's Street.] Showing the Hospital and Chapel from the road, with the entrance doorway and eight elongated chimneys. Also showing the east end of the ...

St. John's Hospital and Chapel, Lichfield: red sepia drawing

'St. John's Hospital Lichfield,' showing a view from the road [St. John's Street] with the entrance door and two of the range of chimneys. Also showing an overhanging oriel window next to the chapel. ...

St. John's Hospital and Chapel, Lichfield: sepia drawing

'Saint John's Hospital, Lichfield,' [on St. John's Street] showing the south side of the hospital with five windows, and the south side of the chapel, with windows of various designs with from one to ...

St. John's Hospital and Chapel, Lichfield: sepia wash drawing

Showing the Hospital and Chapel from the road, with the entrance doorway and eight elongated chimneys. Also showing the east end of the chapel on the right, with a window of five lights. 'C. E. Stringer, ...

St. John's Hospital and Chapel, Lichfield: water colour painting

'St. John's Hospital, Lichfield,' [on St. John's Street.] North east view from the road, showing chiefly the chapel with the master's house adjoining to the west. Part of the old range of buildings ...

St. John's Hospital and Chapel, Lichfield: woodcut engraving

Showing the Hospital and Chapel from the road, [St. John's Street] with the entrance doorway and eight elongated chimneys. Also showing the east end of the chapel on the right, with a window of five ...

St. John's Hospital, Lichfield

St. John's Hospital was founded in around 1135 as a hospital, or place of hospitality, for pilgrims who had travelled to Lichfield to worship the relics of St. Chad. It was refounded by Bishop William ...

St. Joseph's Hall, Stone

St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Hall stands on Station Road. In January 1915 it was taken over by the Stone Branch of the Red Cross as a convalescent hospital for servicemen from other war hospitals. A ...

St. Mary's Mount, Uttoxeter

St. Mary's Mount Red Cross Home, Holly Road, Uttoxeter. It is now (2021) St. Mary's Mount Care Home, a residential care home for older people. Photographer: Gerald McCann of Uttoxeter

St. Michael's Ward, St. Mary's Home, Stone

Mother Margaret Hallahan of the Dominican Order founded St. Dominic's Convent in the mid-nineteenth century. This was originally a small chapel on Station Road dedicated to St. Anne. The building still ...

St. Michael's Ward, St. Mary's Home, Stone

Mother Margaret Hallahan of the Dominican Order founded St. Dominic's Convent in the mid-nineteenth century. This was originally a small chapel on Station Road dedicated to St. Anne. The building still ...

St. Michael's Ward, St. Mary's Home, Stone,

Mother Margaret Hallahan of the Dominican Order founded St. Dominic's Convent in the mid-nineteenth century. This was originally a small chapel on Station Road dedicated to St. Anne. The building still ...

St. Raphael's Ward, St. Mary's Home, Stone

Mother Margaret Hallahan of the Dominican Order founded St. Dominic's Convent in the mid-nineteenth century. This was originally a small chapel on Station Road dedicated to St. Anne. The building still ...

Staff at Newcastle-under-Lyme Newcastle-under-Lyme Poor Law Union was formed in April 1838 and a wor

A group of male and female staff at Newcastle-under-Lyme Workhouse pictured shortly before it closed. Newcastle-under-Lyme Poor Law Union was formed in April 1838 and a workhouse for up to 350 inmates ...