Theme Explorer

Start Again > Parks & Gardens > Monuments, Follies & Statues
Page 12 of 12 208 Records Found

Triton Fountain, Enville Hall

The Enville Hall estate was landscaped between 1745 and 1755 by the 4th Earl of Stamford, using the services of the poet and landscape designer William Shenstone of Halesowen, and Sanderson Miller, a ...

Triumphal Arch, Shugborough Park

James 'Athenian' Stuart modelled this monument on the Arch of Hadrian at Athens. Work began in 1761 using stone from the Tixall quarries. Admiral George Anson of Shugborough died the following year ...

Triumphal Arch, Shugborough Park,

James 'Athenian' Stuart modelled this monument on the Arch of Hadrian at Athens. Work began in 1761 using stone from the Tixall quarries. Admiral George Anson of Shugborough died the following year ...

Unveiling of the Clock, Gaol Square, Stafford,

The Sidney Fountain was erected in 1889 in memory of Thomas Sidney, a local man who became Mayor of London. In 1916 the drinking fountain had its lamp replaced by a four-dial clock, which was presented ...

Vale of Shugborough: water colour painting

'Vale of Shugborough.' Showing a grassy landscape of parkland and woods, viewed from Haywood Cliffs. There are large houses (Tixall Hall and Shugborough Hall)in the distance. To the left, on a hill ...

Victoria Park, Tunstall

The main entrance gates to the park are on Victorian Park Road and were made by William Durose, an art metal worker from Tunstall. He produced a pair of elaborate wrought-iron carriage gates with square ...

View from Trentham Ballroom,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...

Wedgwood fountain in Etruria Park, Stoke-on-Trent

This is the memorial to Josiah Wedgwood in Etruria Park. The park was opened in 1904, almost opposite Josiah Wedgwood's Etruria Works. The memorial is a drinking fountain, presented by the Shirley brothers, ...

Wedgwood Main Office Building, Barlaston,

Josiah Wedgwood (1730 - 1795) began his apprenticeship as a potter in 1744. He started his own pottery business at Ivy House in Burslem in 1759. As Wedgwood experiment with new techniques and glazes, ...

Westhorpe Home for the Elderly, Stafford,

Westhorpe was built in 1897 on Rowley Park for W.H. Peach, a shoe manufacturer and Mayor of Stafford 1886/7. In 2002 the house is a home for the elderly and is owned by the County Council. Many alterations ...