Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Wrought & Cast Iron Work
Page 12 of 12 214 Records Found

Trentham Hall

A view of the entrance to Trentham Hall. The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical ...

Trentham Hall Gates,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...

Trentham Hall. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Trentham Hall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The original hall was erected in the 1630s for the Duke of Sutherland. It was redesigned in an Italian style during the nineteenth century. ...

Trentham Hall. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the fron gates at Trentham Hall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The original hall was erected in the 1630s for the Duke of Sutherland. It was redesigned in an Italian style during the nineteenth ...

Trentham Hall. Photography and Design by William Blake.

Composite postcard containing five views of Trentham Hall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. The original hall was erected in the 1630s for the Duke of Sutherland. It was redesigned in an Italian ...

Trentham Road Entrance, Gates and Lodge, Longton Park. Photographed by William Blake.

Park scene taken at Longton Park, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This view includes the Trentham Road entrance, gates and lodge. The park's official name is Queen's Park and it was officially opened ...

Two Waters Way, Stafford

Looking south west towards Kingston Hill and Tixall Road, the two new bridges pictured form part of a new pedestrian and cycle route over the Rivers Penk and Sow along with an elevated section across ...

Victoria Park, Tunstall

The main entrance gates to the park are on Victoria Park Road and were made by William Durose, an art metal worker from Tunstall. He produced a pair of elaborate wrought-iron carriage gates with square ...

Weir pump, Mill Meece Pumping Station

A weir pump is used to force water into a boiler at high pressure. Mill Meece Pumping Station was built by Staffordshire Potteries Waterworks Company in 1912 to supplement the water supply to the Potteries. ...

Wesleyan Chapel, Stafford,

View from Crabbery Street, looking down Chapel Street. On the left is the minister's house. John Wesley first preached in Stafford in 1783. For many years the Wesleyans in Stafford used premises ...

Wesleyan Church, Eccleshall,

The Wesleyan Church is situated on Stone Road. The foundation stone was laid on 21 September 1871 by Mrs Broadhurst, wife of a local tanner, and was constructed by local builder Charles Barratt. The ...

Wesleyan Mission Hall, Rowley Street, Stafford

This postcard view shows the Wesleyan Mission Hall on Rowley Street which opened in 1885. In later years the building became known as Rowley Street Methodist Church. This postcard was published by ...

Wolverhampton Road, Stafford

View of Wolverhampton Road, Stafford with the Telegraph Inn on the left.

Woodall's Drapers Shop, Stafford,

Woodall's shop was at 55 Greengate Street. It closed in the 1970s.

Y.M.C.A. Building, Stafford,

The Y.M.C.A. hostel on Wolverhampton Road was formerly Camden Place, built in the early nineteenth century. The hostel opened in 1925. In the 1960s it was used as an annex to the College of Art, but ...

Zion Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior taken at the Zion Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.