Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Aerial Views & Townscapes
Page 12 of 73 1308 Records Found

Brereton Road, Rugeley

A postcard view of a quiet scene in Brereton Road, Rugeley looking south. Over the years the road was widened and the houses on the right demolished. Most of the houses on the left remain (May 2018).

Brereton Road, Rugeley

A postcard view looking towards Brereton from the corner of Wharf Road. On the left is the old Britannia Inn, replaced along with most of the cottages when Brereton Road was widened in the 1930s.

Bricklayer's Arms, Stafford,

The Bricklayer's Arms in Gaolgate Street was rebuilt and renamed the King Edward VII to mark his coronation in 1902. On the right is Hazelwood's drapers shop. It was demolished in the 1960s to make ...

Bridge Street from Bailey Street, Stafford

Photograph taken from the roof of what was in the early 1970's Stafford Reprographics Ltd. Printers, in Bailey Street.

Bridge Street Multi-Storey Car Park, Stafford

Bridge Street multi-storey car park during the early stages of its demolition. When the building opened there was a Tesco Supermarket on the ground floor. The supermarket later relocated to a new ...

Bridge Street, Stafford

Watercolour painting by an unknown artist. A view of Bridge Street, looking north towards Greengate Street. Dimensions: height - 362mm, width - 292mm

Bridge Street, Stafford,

Photograph taken from Grapes Corner, the junction of Lichfield Road, Bailey Street and Newport Road. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided ...

Bridge Street, Stafford, (1)

The public house on the left is the Grapes Hotel. On the right, in the distance, can be seen the clock tower of the Royal Brine Baths. The open-sided tower was used by the fire brigade to dry their ...

Bridge Street, Uttoxeter

Looking along Bridge Street towards the Market Place. The main building is still remains and used to be part of the Red Lion pub which was in the Market Place and is connected to the tall building on ...

Bridgewater's brewhouse, Dudley Wood

The brewhouse at the rear of the Victoria Inn, Dudley Wood Road, one of a series of photographs taken showing subsidence of buildings due to coal mining. The Victoria Inn and associated brewhouse belonged ...

British Legion parading, Church Road, Codsall

Codsall British Legion parading with their new flag after a dedication in Codsall Parish Church. Possibly Armistice Day? Next to standard bearer is Bill Neal (Bilbrook Church Warden), Vicar - Reverend ...

British Legion parading, Church Road, Codsall

Codsall British Legion parading down Church Road, with a new flag after a dedication in Codsall Parish Church. Possibly Armistice Day. Next to standard bearer is Bill Neal (Bilbrook Church Warden), ...

British Reinforced Concrete Factory, Aerial View, Stafford,

The British Reinforced Concrete Engineering Company manufactured reinforced concrete structures and made steel mesh for reinforcing concrete. The company moved from Manchester to Stafford in 1926, building ...

British Soda Co. Ltd., Open Pan Salt Works, Stafford, (1)

Storehouses, Common Road. Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a search for water supplies for the town. In 1893 the Stafford Salt and Alkali Co. was founded on Common ...

British Soda Co. Ltd., Open Pan Salt Works, Stafford, (6)

Pump House, Stafford Common. Brine deposits were discovered under Stafford Common in 1877, during a search for water supplies for the town. In 1893 the Stafford Salt and Alkali Co. was founded on ...

Broad Eye Bridge, Doxey Road, Stafford

Oil painting by Martin J. Dutton entitled 'Stafford landscape', with a view of Doxey Road by Broad Eye Bridge. Dimensions: height - 415mm, width - 700mm

Broad Eye Windmill, Stafford

Watercolour painting by Reginald Haggar (1905-1988) showing Broad Eye Windmill and adjoining houses. Broad Eye corn mill was built in 1796 using stones taken from the Old Town Hall (now replaced by ...

Broad Street, Stafford,

The building on the left is the Barley Mow public house, which stood on the corner of Queen Street. Just beyond the bus stop is E.A. Gosling's butchers shop. These buildings were demolished in ...