Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 111 of 112 2000 Records Found

Bucknall

Bucknall is situated about a mile and a half east of Hanley. Eaves was once an adjoining hamlet to the north-east. The area, fomerly predominantly rural with scattered early coalworkings, is now a largely ...

Bucknall and Northwood Station

Bucknall and Northwood Station looking south along the line towards the next station at Fenton Manor. In the distance is Berry Hill spoil tip. The station was at the bottom of Limekiln Bank and the ...

Bucknall and Northwood Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Opened in 1864, Bucknall & Northwood Station was on the North Staffordshire Railway's Biddulph Valley branch line. Trains also ran between Stoke and Leek, with a line branching off at Milton Junction. ...

Bucknall Church: sepia drawing

South west view, showing the tower with pinnacles, the south aisle and chapel, and the gate to the churchyard. Artist: 'T.P.W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Bucknall Church: sepia drawing

South east view, as built in 1718, showing the chancel, the nave (with a large window in the transept), and the tower. Artist: J. Buckler.

Bucknall County Secondary and Infants School

Bucknall Secondary Modern School was on Malthouse Lane. Formed during the reorganisation of city schools after 1932, it included buildings from the old Bucknall County Infants' School. In this photograph, ...

Bucknall Flint Mill, Ruxley Road, Bucknall

George Edwards' Flint Mill on Ruxley Road. Also known as Bucknall Flint Mill it stands on the old mill stream or race taken off the River Trent near Finney Gardens. Ground bone and flint revolutionised ...

Bucknall Flint Mill, Ruxley Road, Bucknall

The courtyard of Edwards' Bucknall Flint Mill on Ruxley Road. On the left is a pile of Cornish stone (or China stone) ready for smashing and grinding by the stone crusher alongside. About 1747 it was ...

Bucknall Hospital, Cliveden Road, Bucknall

The back of some of the ward buildings of Bucknall Isolation Hospital as seen looking south from Cliveden Road. Bucknall Hospital dates from 1886 and was created specifically to treat infectious disease ...

Bucknall Hospital, Eaves Lane, Bucknall

These are the main gates to Bucknall Hospital off Eaves Lane. The hospital stared life as an isolation hospital specifically for smallpox and was originally known as Hanley, Stoke and Fenton Joint Infectious ...

Bucknall Parish Church Hall, Werrington Road, Bucknall

The old church hall has been renamed the Marychurch Centre and is also the Parish Office. Built between the late 1950s and the early 60s, the hall stands on the north side of Werrington Road. It is the ...

Bucknall Park

The view westwards from Bucknall Park looking over the Trent Valley and towards Northwood. The Biddulph Valley and Leek branch railway line runs across the left of the photograph, in front of the houses ...

Bucknall Road bridge over the River Trent, Hanley

A view east from the old stone bridge which carries Bucknall Road over the River Trent. Just beyond is the threeway junction of Werrington Road (left), Ruxley Road (centre) and Dividy Lane (right). The ...

Bucknall Workingmen's Club, Marychurch Road, Bucknall

Bucknall Workingmen's Club and Institute was on Marychurch Road, just south of St Mary's Church. Today the land is modern housing. The club was built on the site of Grove House. Bert Bentley notes that ...

Builders at Elford Grove, near Eccleshall

Builders at work renovating Elford Grove, the home of John Kelsall. The workmen appear to be replacing windows and doors and the walls of the house look to have been newly rendered. Photographer: ...

Building Blake High School, Marston Road, Hednesford

The picture was taken from the Belt Road end of Marston Road, looking towards the front of the school during its construction. At the front of the building is the old reception area. The taller building ...

Building Cheddleton Asylum

The asylum at Cheddleton in Staffordshire was built to serve the Pottery towns and the area surrounding Leek. Patients were referred to as "inmates", and anyone from people with a "mild affliction" ...

Building Department, Birchenwood Colliery, Kidsgrove

Birchenwood colliery opened in the 1890s, most of the coal being used for coke and other by-products. The colliery actually closed in 1932, but coke and other by-product production continued by using ...