Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 110 of 112 2000 Records Found

Oulton Abbey, near Stone

A postcard showing Benedictine Abbeys in Britain, including Oulton Abbey (bottom right) and Caverswall Castle (top right) in Staffordshire. Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas ...

Our Lady & St Benedict Roman Catholic Church and Presbytery, Abbey Hulton, Stoke-on-Trent

The Church of Our Lady and St. Benedict in Abbey Lane, Abbey Hulton was built in 1937–8. Originally part of Birches Head parish, Abbey Hulton became a separate parish in 1941. The open land in the foreground ...

Our Lady of the Angels and St Peter in Chains Church, Hartshill

This photograph was taken from Higson Avenue, looking across Hartshill Road. The brick built Gothic style church is attached to the neighbouring Dominican Convent and was built between the 1850s and 1890s. ...

Our Lady of the Assumption Chapel, Swynnerton,

This Roman Catholic chapel was built next to Swynnerton Hall in 1869. The architect was Gilbert Blount.

Our Lady of the Assumption R.C. Church, Swynnerton,

This Roman Catholic chapel was built next to Swynnerton Hall in 1869. The architect was Gilbert Blount.

Outline of St. Bertelin's Chapel, Stafford,

St. Bertelin's Chapel was dedicated to an eighth century Anglo-Saxon saint, who had chosen Stafford for his hermitage. The wooden chapel was replaced by a stone one on the same site in the eleventh century. St. ...

Parish chest and font, All Saints' Church, Dilhorne

The ancient chest, probably medieval, has two padlocks, with evidence that there was at one time a third. This system ensured that all of the keyholders needed to be present to access the contents. The ...

Parish Church , Eccleshall

The Lichgate, Holy Trinity Church.

Parish Church from Vicarage Fields, Eccleshall

Parish Church of the Holy Trinity, Hamil Road, Burslem

Originally St.Werburghs this single storey building is thought to have been erected sometime before July 20th 1895, as the inscribed datestone remains as part of the wall. The bell tower, situated to ...

Parish Church, Norton Canes

The church of St. James the Great, Norton Canes, was built as a replacement for a previous church lost to fire in 1888. It took two hours for a fire engine to arrive from Walsall only for the hose to ...

Park Congregational Chapel, Cauldon Road, Shelton. Stoke-on-Trent

Park Congregational Church stands at the corner of Cauldon Road and Boughey Road in Shelton. The present building was opened in 1901, replacing an "iron tabernacle". The chapel is just south of Hanley ...

Parsonage House at Salt: sepia drawing (vignetted)

'The Parsonage House at Salt, Staffordshire.' Showing an early Victorian, two storey building in the Elizabethan style, surrounded by a garden.'J. B.,' [John Buckler].

Party for wounded soldiers at St. John's Methodist Church, Hednesford

The soldiers are local men from St. Matthews (a military hospital) in Burntwood. St. John's has since been re-named Trinity Methodist Church.

Patshull - Boningale Church: sepia wash drawing

'South East View of Boningale Church near Patteshull, Shropshire,' showing a small building with a tower of timber boarding. There is a half-timber house in the distance to the left of the church.'J. ...

Patshull Church

St. Mary's church stands in the grounds of Patshull Hall and was built for John Astley of Patshull by James Gibbs in 1743. The cupola on the tower is Victorian and the church was altered internally by ...

Patshull Church: engraving

'S.E. View of Patteshull (sic) Church.' Showing a classical building (consecrated August, 1743), a 'pepper-pot' tower, a south porch with columns, and a low lead roof. There is no ivy on the tower and ...

Patshull Church: pencil drawing

'Patteshull (sic.)' showing a classical building (consecrated August, 1743), a 'pepper-pot' tower, a south porch with columns, and a low lead roof. There is no ivy on the tower and the chancel. There ...