Theme Explorer

Start Again > Business, Trade & Industry > Gas, Elecricity & Water
Page 11 of 13 222 Records Found

Rugeley 'A' Power Station

Rugeley Power Station was opened in 1963 on the site of Boothurst House for the Central Electricity Generating Board. Building work on the Rugeley 'A' Power Station began in 1956 on a site adjacent to ...

Rugeley 'A' Power Station interior

A Parsons Generator inside Rugeley 'A' Power Station. Rugeley Power Station was opened in 1963 on the site of Boothurst House for the Central Electricity Generating Board. Building work on the Rugeley ...

Rugeley 'B' Power Station under construction

Construction of Rugeley's 'B' 1000mW Power Station began in 1965 and was completed in 1972. The power station closed in June 2016 and is currently (2019) being demolished. This distant view looks along ...

Scania Lorry, Tixall,

Scout House Reservoir, Rawnsley Hills, Hednesford

This was an open reservoir built in 1879 to receive water from Morse Gorse and Huntington pumping stations, and closed in the 1930s due to the effects of mining subsidence. From 1954 it was used as the ...

Sewer Workers, Stafford,

Sewage workers wearing protective clothing and breathing equipment. They are standing by a brick culvert.

Shop Floor, Siemens Engineering Works, Stafford,

Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The company manufactured generators, electric motors and ...

Siemens Dynamo Works Fire Brigade, Stafford,

The Siemens fire brigade in their uniforms, their captain is seated in the centre. Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich ...

Siemens factory and the Hough sports ground, Stafford,

Tinted postcard of Siemen's engineering works from the cricket ground at The Hough, near Lichfield Road; on the right is the cricket pavilion (now replaced by a purpose-built telephone exchange) and to ...

Siemens Juniors Football Team, Stafford

A postcard view of the Siemens Juniors Football Team which was taken by Stafford photographer A J Guy. If you recognise anyone in the picture please contact us. Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering ...

Siemen's Works and Cricket Ground, Stafford,

Tinted postcard of Siemen's engineering works from the cricket ground at The Hough, near Lichfield Road; on the right is the cricket pavilion (now replaced by a purpose-built telephone exchange) and to ...

Siemens Works, Stafford,

View of the factory from Lichfield Road. The pool in the foreground was formed from the Spital Brook. Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating ...

Sinking a well, Brown Edge

Celebrating the sinking of a well, 63 feet deep, at Brown Edge. The site of the well was selected by divining for water. Allan Brown, standing second from left, is holding a divining rod. From left ...

Sir George Nelson at the New Hough, English Electric Co., Stafford

Sir George Horatio Nelson, Chairman and Managing Director of the English Electric Company is pictured outside the New Hough with the New Zealand Deputy Premier Mr Walter Nash. During the visit to the ...

Stafford Corporation Water Pumping Station, Milford,

The waterworks pumping station was built at Milford in 1890. The reservoirs situated on the top of the Satnall Hills supplied water to Stafford and its surrounding districts. The house on the right ...

Stafford Gas Works

Stafford Gas works situated on Chell Road, beside the River Sow. The town's first gas works were built by William Edwards and Co. on this site in 1829. By 1949, when the works were taken over by the ...

Staffordshire Water Board Offices, Albion Street, Hanley

The building with the flag pole was the Staffordshire Potteries Water Board offices at 37 Albion Street and the neighbouring building on the corner of Bethesda Street and Albion Street was originally ...

Stanley Pool

The dam at the north west end of Stanley Pool. Built in 1786 as an 8 acre (3¼ hectare) reservoir to supply water for the nearby Caldon Canal, the pool was enlarged to 33 acres (13 hectares) in 1840 ...