Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Agricultural Outbuildings
Page 11 of 12 200 Records Found

Tixall - Lodge: pen and ink drawing

'Lodge at Tixall, opposite the Farm Buildings.' The former is an octagonal Jacobean stone building, with a cupola roof ending in a central chimney. The farm buildings are on the left of the lodge, across ...

Tixall Stables,

The semi-circular coach house and stables were built in the early nineteenth century. Designed by John Ireland the stables were built with higher pavilions at each end and a three-bay Gothic porch in ...

Tower, Ingestre Stables,

The original seventeenth century stables at Ingestre Hall are next to St. Mary's Church. The new stables (pictured) were designed by John Birch in the late nineteenth century. This elaborate building ...

Trent and Mersey Canal at Colwich

A view of the Trent and Mersey Canal at Colwich, looking south-east towards Colwich Lock. Towards the left is the tower of St. Micahel and All Angels Church and in between the church and the canal ...

Trentham estate

Photograph taken from the tower of St. Mary's & All Saints Church, Trentham, showing the service buildings at Trentham Hall. Stone Road (the A34) can be seen in the top right hand corner.

Trentham Gardens,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...

Trysull Mill

The mill was built in 1854 and belonged to Lord Wrottesley. It was a corn mill and used water power until 1940.

View of Farley

A view of cottages at Farley, with the Smithy on the right hand side.

View towards Ipstones

A view of Ipstones with St Leonard's Church to the left, taken from near a track to the west of its junction with Church Lane. The Grade II listed church was built at the expense of the Sneyd family in ...

Village Green, Lower Leigh

A view of village green at Lower Leigh showing William Emery's smithy to the left and the Police Station to the right. The white building at the far end of the green is the Railway Inn. Amongst the group ...

Walk Mill, near Eccleshall

Walk Mill dates from the late eighteenth century and was used for grinding corn. There was an earlier mill on this site which was used for fulling or “walking” cloth, hence the name. The waterwheel ...

Weeping Cross Farm, Baswich

This large early 19th century Georgian farm house was demolished shortly after this photograph was taken in 1963. The farm stood to the south side of what is now the junction of Baswich Lane and Sandringham ...

Wheelwright's workshop, Bagot Street, Abbots Bromley

Exterior view of Bradbury's wheelwrights workshop, Abbots Bromley, looking towards Bagot Street. The forge is in the foreground and the workshop behind. George F. Bradbury Senior bought the wheelwright's ...

Whitemoor Haye, Alrewas

At the time of this photograph Whitemoor Hay was farmed by Mr W.F. Foden. Photographer: Alfred or Gerald McCann, photographer of High Street, Uttoxeter.

Whitmore Farm, Congleton. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape overlooking Whitmore Farm, Congleton, Cheshire.

Whitmore Farm, Congleton. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape overlooking Whitmore Farm, Congleton, Cheshire.

Wood Eaton Hall, Church Eaton

Wood Eaton Hall stands on Broad Lane, near Church Eaton. It was designed by William Baker, built in 1754-55 and is Grade II listed. It has since become known as Hall Farm House.

Woods Tenement, Forsbrook

Woods Tenement on Draycott Road, Forsbrook.