Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 109 of 112 2000 Records Found

Derby Street, Leek

View along the town's main shopping street, with the National Westminster Bank building situated mid-way down on the left-hand side. The bank is thought by many to be the town's best example of an Arts ...

Derby Street, Leek

View of Derby Street looking east, with Mr William Henry Eaton's stationery and printing shop in the foreground. The Moorlands Press was still in business only a few years ago, but no longer based in ...

Design Award, Lotus Ltd, Stafford

Left to right: Don Vickers (Head of the Design Centre), Eileen Crosby, John Morris, Paul Gimbert, Trevor Lockley, John Rowbottom, Chris Hopkins (Head Designer). Lotus was originally named Bostock's ...

Design Centre, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

John Morris at his desk in the Design Centre at Lotus Ltd.'s shoe factory on Sandon Road, Stafford. John moved from the Stone factory when it closed to work in the company's Design Centre. He was later ...

Design department at Dorman Diesels

Design department at Dorman Diesels factory on Tixall Road. The factory was aquired by Perkins Engine Co Ltd in the 1990's. Founded by William Henry Dorman in 1870 on Foregate Street, Dorman's began ...

Design Department, Lotus Ltd., Stafford

Don Vickers pictured in the Design Department at the Lotus Shoe Factory in Stafford. This photograph was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Lotus was originally named Bostock's and was founded ...

Designer Rebellion

Earthenware pot entitled Designer Rebellion, by Turner Prize winner Grayson Perry. This piece was purchased by the Contemporary Art Society Special Collection Scheme with funds from the Arts Council ...

Despatch Warehouse, Sutherland Works, Longton

Pottery factory interior with a view of a despatch warehouse. The picture shows finished ware stacked in pens ready to be organised into orders and then packed to leave the factory. Taken at Sutherland ...

Destruction of an old Colliery Stack on Sandford Hill. May 1st 1913. Photographed by William Blake.

Chimney demolition taken at Sandford Hill on May 1st 1913.

Detached house, Duke Street, Fenton

The detached house is number 55 towards the north end of Duke Street in Fenton. It dates from circa 1800 (Victoria County History, vol VIII, p 209) and was one of a pair. At the time of the photograph ...

Devon Factory, Fenton.

Pottery factory exterior including a bottle oven. Taken at the Devon Factory, Sutherland Street, Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This ...

Dewhurst Butchers Shop, Sheridan Centre, Stafford

Dewhurst butchers shop formed part of the Sheridan Centre which was developed in the 1970s. In later years the centre was partly demolished and given a £5 million redevelopment which officially re-opened ...

Diamond Clay Works, Stoke-upon-Trent

A view from open fields below Hartshill north east towards the Diamond Clay Works at the junction of Brick Kiln Road and Shelton New Road. The Diamond Refractory company manufactured kiln furniture, ...

Diamond Jubilee celebrations, Rugeley,

Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee celebrations in the Market Square.

Diamond Tile Company works, Hanley

The Diamond Tile Company works was on the south side of Brook Street (later renamed Century Street) in Hanley. Brook Street runs across the middle of the photograph and the corner of Clarence Street ...

Dicken's Toy shop and Stationers, Newcastle-under-Lyme

64 Penkhull Street (now High Street)and Paradise Street and now (correct at time of writing 2015) entrance to the car park.

Diesel locomotive, Whitfield colliery

Most collieries owned their own locomotives for transporting the coal and men around the colliery site and to the main railway lines. From the withdrawal of steam locomotives in 1967 until Whitfield ...

Diesel-electric locomotive, English Electric Co., Stafford

Pictured is a typical diesel-electric locomotive of a type that the London Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS) ordered from the English Electric Company on 25 June 1941. The order was for one hundred ...