Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 107 of 112 2000 Records Found

J Hewitt Sons works, Fenton.

Joseph Hewitt & Co. operated the Fenton Low Brick and Marl work was alongside the Biddulph Valley and Leek branch of the old North Staffordshire Railway. The line opened in 1859 and was finally closed ...

J J West, Crate makers, Navigation Road, Middleport

J J West & Sons were crate makers for the pottery industry, operating a crate yard in Navigation Road alongside the short Burslem Branch Canal. This was a short (1/2 mile) branch coming off the Trent ...

J Steventon & Sons pottery, Burslem

J Steventon & Sons occupied a pottery in Steventon Place, just off Market Place in Burslem. They operated the Royal Pottery at the bottom of Steventon Place. Established as Brown & Steventon in 1897 ...

J Steventon & Sons pottery, Steventon Place, Burslem

The entrance to Steventon & Sons Royal Pottery works at the end of Steventon Place, off Market Place in Burslem. John Steventon (formerly Brown and Steventon) started in 1897 and latterly made Royal Venton ...

J T Fell's Pottery, Smithy Lane, Longton

This photograph was taken looking across St Martin's Lane (no longer named) towards the top of Smithy Lane in Longton. Smithy Lane runs between J T Fell Pottery on the left and Allin & Williams, wholesale ...

J. Dyche shoe factory, Fancy Walk, Stafford

The J. Dyche shoe factory, also known as the Queen of Sheba Works stood on Fancy Walk, Stafford. The factory closed in about 1952, and was demolished in 1989.

J. Lloyd & Sons, Registry Street, Stoke

This factory was constructed between 1832 and 1878. It is now used as a warehouse but had previously been a pottery factory.

J. Oakley, Motor Garage, Station Road, Hednesford

James Oakley and his wife Mary were born in Whitchurch, Shropshire. By 1901 he was a cycle agent at his home in Station Road, Hednesford and by 1907 he was advertising as a cycle maker, dealer and motor ...

J. Street, Dental Surgery, Borough Road, Burton-upon-Trent

J. Street's dental surgery at 24 Borough Road, Burton-upon-Trent. James Street would drill and fill a single tooth from 3/6 to 21/-, or provide a complete set of upper or lower false teeth for 42/- to ...

J. T. Fell's factory, Sutherland Road, Longton

Taken whilst the factory was in the process of being demolished. J.T. Fell & Co were earthenware manufacturers, founded in the early 1920s. The company closed in 1957.

J. T. Fell's factory, Sutherland Road, Longton

Taken whilst the factory was in the process of being demolished. J.T. Fell & Co were earthenware manufacturers, founded in the early 1920s. The company closed in 1957. The pinnacles of St. John's Church ...

J. T. Fell's old factory, Longton

Photograph taken from the site of the demolished Lockett's factory. J.T. Fell & Co were earthenware manufacturers, founded in the early 1920s. The company closed in 1957.

J. T. Fell's old factory, Longton

Photograph taken looking down Smithy Lane from across St Martin's Lane. J.T. Fell & Co were earthenware manufacturers, founded in the early 1920s. The company closed in 1957.

J. Turnock & Sons, drapers, Rugeley

J. Turnock & Sons, family drapers, silk mercers and haberdashers at Bank House, Lower Brook Street, Rugeley, on the corner with Bees Lane. The shop is currently (2020) occupied by Savers. The business ...

J.A. Dale & Sons, 25 West Avenue, Penkhull

This L-shaped, single storey building was constructed between 1878 and 1900 and is presently used as a small pottery factory. It stands on West Avenue which was previously known as West Street until 1912. ...

J.C. Staton & Co's Tug o' War team, Tutbury

J.C. Staton & Company were gypsum miners and plaster manufacturers at Fauld and Tutbury. Their tug of war team had a national reputation and won many competitions. Their local name was 'The Nonsuchers'. ...

J.H. St. Johnstone, Chief Chemist, Bass, Burton-on-Trent

The photograph of J.H. St. Johnstone giving a lecture was probably taken in Bass' laboratory. Mr St. Johnstone was chief chemist at Bass between 1948-61. He died in 1963.

J.K. Weatherby & Sons Ltd.

Pottery factory exterior with a view of a disused bottle oven. There are stacks of saggars still in the oven, which has an almost conical shape. Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic ...