Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 107 of 112 2000 Records Found

Norman Family, St. Mary's Rectory, Stafford,

The Rector of St. Mary's Church Rev. Denham Rowe Norman with his wife and children, from left to right: Nigel, Cybil, Basil, Aubrey and Gwen. The family are pictured outside their home, the Rectory ...

Norman Font, St. Mary and All Saints' Church, Bradley,

The church at Bradley dates from the Norman period, but was rebuilt in the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries. The font is also Norman, with Greek key decoration. Photograph donated by Stafford ...

Norman Font, St. Mary's Church, Stafford,

St. Mary's Church font is Norman in date but the shape and design is foreign, possibly Byzantine. Lions and other creatures are carved around the base and the Latin inscription translates as 'You are ...

Norman Tower Arch, Swinnerton Church. Photographed by William Blake.

Church interior with a view of the Norman tower arch at "Swinnerton Church", Swynnerton, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

North nave aisle, St. Mary's Church, Stafford

Interior view of the north nave aisle, the buttress-like projection on the nearest pier marks the site of a former chapel enclosed by screens which were removed in 1780. The Collegiate Church of St. ...

North porch, St. Andrew's Church, Clifton Campville

Workmen standing by the newly built North porch of St. Andrew's Church, Clifton Campville. This porch was rebuilt at the time of repairs to the church around 1910 under the supervision of W.D. Caroe, ...

North Staffordshire Regiment (Pensioners), St. Editha's Church, Tamworth

A photograph of the North Staffordshire Regiment Pensioners taken outside the west door of St. Editha's Church Tamworth. On the front row from the fourth right are, Philip Kid, Standard Bearer, William ...

North transept, St Mary's Church, Stafford,

The Collegiate Church of St. Mary is the parish church of Stafford. The present building is a mixture of genuine medieval and the work of Sir George Gilbert Scott, who restored the church in 1841 - 1844 ...

North view of Upper Gungate, Tamworth

An engraving depicting a view of Tamworth from the north, by A.B. Hamel. St. Editha's Church and Tamworth Castle can be clearly made out.

Norton Canes Church: sepia wash drawing

'Norton Church under Cannock.' South east view showing a nave of five bays with a short chancel and a tower.'T. P. W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Norton Green Primative Methodist Chapel

This plan is of the primative methodist chapel at Norton Green, Stoke-on-Trent. Primative methodism began in North Staffordshire with the first open air meeting taking place at Mow Cop in 1807. Diagrams ...

Norton-in-the-Moors Church: sepia wash drawing

'North East View of Norton Church, Staffordshire,' [altered to Norton in the Moors.] Showing a classical buidling with a short brick tower with balls at the corners. [The Church was rebuilt in 1738.] ...

Norton-in-the-Moors Church: sepia wash drawing

'N. E. View of Norton Church in the Moors.' Showing a classical building with a short brick tower, with balls at the corners. [The Church was rebuilt in 1738.] Anonymous, [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Norton-in-the-Moors Rectory: sepia wash drawing

'Rectory, Norton in the Moors.' Showing a plain modern house of two storeys and attics, in its own grounds. Artist: Thomas Peploe Wood.

Nuns at Oulton Abbey

Nuns in the fields in front of Oulton Abbey, near Stone. Oulton Abbey, formerly Oulton House, was built by Thomas Dent, a solicitor, in about 1720. It was later owned by John Joule, the brewer, who ...

Nurse in nursing home kitchen, Stafford area

A nurse boiling a kettle making a pot of tea in the kitchen of an unidentified nursing home in the Stafford area. Please contact us if you recognise the nurse in this photograph.

Oakamoor Church

Holy Trinity Church, Oakamoor was built in 1832 to designs by J.P. Pritchett of York.

Oakamoor Church: sepia drawing

'Oakamoor Church.' Showing a modern Gothic church (1832), built on a slope with a crypt on the east. It has a nave of four bays, and a south door into a tower on the west. There is distant landscape ...