Theme Explorer

More than 2000 results were returned, we've just shown the first 2000. Use the sub themes, where available, to refine your results.
Page 105 of 112 2000 Records Found

Monument in Caverswall Church

The monument of Countess St. Vincent in the chancel of St. Peter's Church. It was sculpted by Sir Francis Chantrey in 1818.

Monument to Sir Robert Wolseley, Colwich Church,

Sir Robert Wolseley of Wolseley Hall fought on the side of the King during the Civil War; his estate was later confiscated as a result. He died of a fever in 1646 aged 59, his body being brought back ...

Monument to the Wood family at Colwich Church

East side of cross in Colwich churchyard carved by sculptor Samuel Peploe Wood as a monument to his brother, the painter Thomas Peploe Wood, and other members of his family.

Moreton Chapel: sepia wash drawing

'Moreton Chapel,' a distant view from the south east. Showing a Byzantine building standing alone in fields. Designed by Thomas Trubshaw and built in 1837-8. There is a house in the foreground on the ...

Moreton Vicarage: sepia wash drawing

'Moreton Vicarage,' showing a stone building of the Gothic revival, dated 1839. artist: 'T. P. W.,' [Thomas Peploe Wood.]

Morning Prayers, Women's Prison, Stafford Gaol

Morning prayers were taken in the corridor of the women's prison; services were performed in the chapel. When the chapel was rebuilt in 1852 a gallery was installed at the southern end for the female ...

Mosque in Tiberias. Photographed by William Blake.

Lantern slide of the Mosque at Tiberias in what is now known as Israel. This is one of series of images taken during a tour of the area.

Mothers Union meeting, Stone

Members of Stone Mothers' Union pictured with the Rev. Didsbury, Vicar of Christ Church, Stone. Mrs Henley is the lady with flowers in her hat. Mrs Elizabeth Woolfall (image donor's grandmother) is holding ...

Mothers Union Outing, St. Paul's church hall, Victoria Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A mother’s union outing photographed with the Vicar in the center, outside the church hall of St. Paul's Church. Lily Shufflebotham born in March 1920 is in a little white hat peeping over the shoulder ...

Mothers Union religious play, Tamworth

A Mothers Union religious play at Reverend Coxon's vicarage. Reverend Arthur McGreery Coxon was the vicar of St. Editha's Church Tamworth between 1936 and 1949.

Mount Pleasant Mission, Longton

Photograph taken from near the old hospital. The original Longton Cottage Hospital was built in 1868 on Mount Pleasant (now Lawley Street). In 1879 it moved to a new building on the north side of the ...

Mount Street, Stafford

11 Mount Street, Stafford. This house was owned by Dr C.E.M. Blumer and was known as 'The Mount'. It has now been demolished. On the left can just be seen the spire of the Presbyterian Church on ...

Mount Tabor Methodist Chapel, King Street, Fenton

The Mount Tabor Methodist Chapel in the photograph stood on Market Street (now King Street) in Fenton. The gothic style chapel dates from 1869 replacing a smaller chapel built in 1811. The rebuilt chapel ...

Mow Cop Primitive Methodist Centenary Group Meeting

In 1807 Hugh Bourne held a large camp meeting at Mow Cop. From this meeting stemmed the Primitive Methodists, and this photograph shows the centenary of that event. The Centenary Camp Meeting was a very ...

Mowing, Hixon,

Horse-drawn mower in the field next to St. Peter's Church.

Mr J K Lightfoot's funeral, English Electric Co., Stafford

Employees from English Electric’s Stafford Works are assembled along the Lichfield Road in Stafford to pay their last respects to Mr J. (Jimmy) K. Lightfoot. Following an apprenticeship with the Castner-Kellner ...

Mr Thomas Rylands Parton, Principal of Cannock Grammar School

Son of a coal miner, born in Madeley, Shropshire in 1873. A Baptist Church preacher, President of Chadsmoor Sunday-morning Adult School and Principal of Cannock Grammar School. As Principal, he advertised ...

Mucklestone Church: sepia wash drawing

'S. E. View of Muccleston (sic) Church,' showing chiefly the tower, as seen from the road, with a cottage at the entrance of the churchyard (which blocks out the view of the Nave.)'Thos. Peploe Wood.'