Theme Explorer

Start Again > Parks & Gardens > Domestic Gardens
Page 10 of 10 175 Records Found

Trentham Gardens,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...

Trentham Hall,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...

Trysull Holloway

This postcard view of cottages on the Trysull Holloway is looking north from near the junction of Seisdon Road. The village still retains many of the old cottages and houses. Various mediaeval routes ...

Vera Doughty, The Croft, Seighford

Vera Doughty (nee Breeze and married to Jim Doughty) is pictured outside a building known as the Croft (sometimes known as the Craft) which in later years was demolished and replaced with housing on ...

Walton-on-the-Hill house

Originally known as No.1 The Village, the house was built in the mid-19th century. Helen, Lady Salt moved here in 1904 after the death of her husband, Sir Thomas Salt MP. She renamed it 'Walton-on-the-Hill'. ...

Walton-on-the-Hill house

Originally known as No.1 The Village, the house was built in the mid-19th century. Helen, Lady Salt moved here in 1904 after the death of her husband, Sir Thomas Salt MP. She renamed it 'Walton-on-the-Hill'. ...

Walton-on-the-Hill house drive and garden, Walton-on-the-Hill

Originally known as No.1 The Village, the house was built in the mid-19th century. Helen, Lady Salt moved here in 1904 after the death of her husband, Sir Thomas Salt MP. She renamed it 'Walton-on-the-Hill'. ...

Walton-on-the-Hill house garden, Walton-on-the-Hill

A view of the garden in front of the house. Originally known as No.1 The Village, the house was built in the mid-19th century. Helen, Lady Salt moved here in 1904 after the death of her husband, Sir ...

Weston Hall,

This seventeenth century hall is located half a mile west of Weston, on the lower slopes of Weston Bank. In the early twentieth century the house was sold to pay gambling debts and is now a restaurant....

Weston Post Office

On the reverse of this postcard it says that the Post Mistress and her daughter are pictured standing outside Weston Post Office. The two notices over the door state: "James W. Muir, Grocer and Provision ...

Winifred and William Dutton and Emily Green, Walton on the Hill

Photograph of Winifred and William Dutton in 1918 with their friend Emily Green (in white top). St.Thomas' Church, Walton-on-the-Hill is in the background.

Winifred Dutton with her mother Louisa Bayliss, Walton on the Hill

Winifred Dutton in 1919 with her mother Louisa Bayliss and her brother William Bayliss, recently returned from the First World War(Gallipoli and the Somme). St. Thomas' Church spire can be seen in the ...

Worthington family, Seighford

Members of the Worthington family at their Seighford home. Jack Worthington set up a successful coach company in the 1920s.