Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Shops, Showrooms & Retail Parks
Page 10 of 82 1473 Records Found

Burgess' Ironmongers Shop, Eccleshall,

One of Burgess' first shops which opened on Stafford Street. This shop is directly opposite the present Burgess' premises.

Burgess' ironmonger's shop, Stafford Street, Eccleshall

F.H. Burgess's first shop in Eccleshall, which opened in 1900 on Stafford Street. Mr G. Burgess and Dolly Neville are standing in the doorway. Frederick H. Burgess founded his ironmongers and agricultural ...

Burgess' Ironmongers Shop, Stafford,

This shop on The Green belonged to Frederick H. Burgess. Note the washing machines and paraffin heaters in the shop window. The site was formerly occupied by Eley's Brewery. This building, along with ...

Burgess Motors, Friars Terrace, Stafford

This photograph of Burgess Motors showroom on Friars Terrace was taken by Stafford photographer Tony Boydon. Frederick H. Burgess also had an Agricultural Engineers and Ironmongers shop with offices ...

Burnell's grocers shop, Rugeley

J. Burnell & Son Ltd.'s shop on Market Square pictured after being rebuilt. In the 1930s it was owned by Burnell's and a public house known as 'The Vaults', which is its current name (2020) after being ...

Burnell's grocers shop, Rugeley

J. Burnell & Son Ltd.'s grocers shop on Market Square showing its original Georgian shop windows. Joseph Burnell advertised in 1862 "J.Burnell (late Hattersley) 'The Tea & Colonial Warehouse', Rugeley, ...

Burslem Co-operative Society Ltd., Birches Head Road, Birches Head. Circa 1900

The local co-operative shop and post office at Birches Head. The Co-operative Society was set up to protect working class consumers from unscrupulous shopkeepers selling foodstuffs that had been tampered ...

Burslem Co-operative Society Ltd., Vivian Road, Fenton

This shop, on Vivian Road, Fenton, was opened in 1933. It was part of the Burslem Co-operative Society Ltd. The man on the right in front of the doorway is Mr. Bateman, the manager. The women on the far ...

Burslem Co-operative Society, Smallthorne, Stoke-on-Trent

Staff members of the new Co-operative Society’s shop in Smallthorne. The shop was built in 1919 immediately after the Great War. The Co-op was founded in order to supply working class people with ...

Buskers, Granville Square, Stone,

Granville Square was originally named Pump Square, but when the pump was removed the square was renamed after Earl Granville of Stonepark. Trees were planted to commemorate the coronation of Edward VII ...

Butcher's Shop Display, Eccleshall

This window display won first prize at the Smithfield Christmas Auction. Standing in the doorway is Mr W. Hart, the butcher. Mr Hart's brother kept a farm and supplied the shop with meat.

Butchers shop, Market Place, Cannock

R. Wright's butchers shop on Market Place, Stafford pictured shortly before demolition.

Butcher's Shop, Stafford,

This butcher's shop was located on the corner of White Lion Street and Lichfield Road. Next to the shop can be seen the eighteenth century lock-up, used originally to detain local drunks and vagrants. ...

Butcher's shop, Tamworth

An unidentified butcher's shop in Tamworth. Notice the carcases hanging either side of the doorway.

Butt Lane Industrial Co-operative Society, Congleton Road, Butt Lane

Butt Lane Co-op pictured here in the 1930s at the junction of Congleton Road and Church Street. The building was still used by the Co-op as a Late Shop in 2002. The building dates from 1891 and has been ...

Butterfield Place, Tunstall

The photograph is looking west along Butterfield Place towards Tunstall High Street. Butterfield Place was originally known as Amicable Street. On the right is the side and rear of Tunstall Town Hall ...

Byatt & Son, 33 High Street, Uttoxeter

Byatt & Son, a grocers, was situated near to the Smithfield Corner. The business became an electrical business in more recent years.

C. Herbert & Company, Railway Street, Stafford

This picture shows numbers 1 and 2 Railway Street, Stafford which at the time of the photograph were the premises of 'C Herbert & Company'. By 1911 Albert Bentley had opened his first shop at 1 and ...