Theme Explorer

Page 10 of 12 212 Records Found

The Old Church House, Dilhorne

'The Old Church House' can be seen on the left with the stone boundary pillars. The Lodge to Dilhorne Hall is discernable in the distance. The churchyard wall on the right was given a grade II listing ...

The Old Hough and the New Hough, Stafford

Until around 1980 there were two large houses and a lodge in an area known as the Hough in Stafford. These buildings were very near to the Lichfield Road (A34); however, they were all difficult to see ...

The Pickford Lodges, Trentham

The Pickford Lodges were built by Joseph Pickford in about 1777. Pickford also built Wedgwood's Etruria factory and Etruria Hall. It was the Sutherland's southern driveway after they had passed through ...

The Round House, Dimmingsdale, Oakamoor

The Round House stands in the upper part of Dimmingsdale, near Oakamoor. It is an early 19th century remodelling of an 18th century house and it has been suggested that it was used as a hunting lodge ...

The Swiss Lodge, Fazeley

The Swiss Lodge at the northern entrance to Drayton Manor, off Lichfield Street (the A5), Fazeley. It was built around 1900 by Sir Robert Peel, 4th baronet of Drayton Manor, reputedly to remiond his ...

The Village, Sandon

In the centre are the two Stafford Lodges at the gateway to Sandon Hall. The Lodges were built in 1902, but the gate and gate piers are earlier. The gates were probably made in Gloucestershire by William ...

Three Views of Stone,

The top view is of Hayes Lodge on Longton Road. In the centre is St. Michael's Church, built in 1758 in the grounds of an earlier Augustinian Priory. The porch holds two thirteenth century priory ...

Tittensor Chase Lodge,

Tittensor Chase Lodge. Photographed by William Blake.

View of Tittensor Chase Lodge, Staffordshire.

Tixall - Lodge: pen and ink drawing

'Lodge at Tixall, opposite the Farm Buildings.' The former is an octagonal Jacobean stone building, with a cupola roof ending in a central chimney. The farm buildings are on the left of the lodge, across ...

Tixall - Oak Tree: pen and wash drawing

'Tixall Oak with a Distant View of the Chapel and the Old Gateway.' Showing a study of a large oak tree in the foreground. The remains of the old Tixall Hall, and the Jacobean gatehouse with four corner ...

Tixall gatehouse

The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; the hall was rebuilt in 1555. In 1580 Sir Walter Aston added the gate-house. Six years later Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned ...

Tixall Gatehouse Roof,

The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; the hall was rebuilt in 1555. In 1580 Sir Walter Aston added the gate-house. Six years later Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned ...

Tixall Gate-house,

The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; the hall was rebuilt in 1555. In 1580 Sir Walter Aston added the gate-house. Six years later Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned ...

Tixall Gate-house,

The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; the hall was rebuilt in 1555. In 1580 Sir Walter Aston added the gate-house. Six years later Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned ...

Tixall Gate-house,

The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; the hall was rebuilt in 1555. In 1580 Sir Walter Aston added the gate-house. Six years later Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned ...

Tixall Gate-house,

The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; the hall was rebuilt in 1555. In 1580 Sir Walter Aston added the gate-house. Six years later Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned ...

Tixall Gate-house,

The Aston family from Haywood acquired the Tixall estate through marriage; the hall was rebuilt in 1555. In 1580 Sir Walter Aston added the gate-house. Six years later Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned ...