Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 10 of 10 169 Records Found

Washing Up, Memorial Hall, Hixon,

Washing up outside the Memorial Hall on High Street, possibly after celebrating the opening of the hall in 1926. The hall was built to commemorate the Hixon men who were killed in the First World War. Sir ...

Wedding Gift Presentation, Yarlet Institute

Mrs Roberts, wife of Rev. D P Roberts, the Vicar of the triple parish of Marston-with-Whitgreave and Yarlet , appraises the Hoover Junior model 119 vacuum cleaner, which was presented to Mr and Mrs Roberts ...

Weston Coyney Hall. Photographed by William Blake.

Weston Coyney Hall, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Wetwood Post Office, near Eccleshall

A postcard view of Wetwood Post Office next to a junction with the Eccleshall Road (B5026) in Wetwood. The building on the right is Broughton Institute which later became known as Broughton Parish Room. This ...

Whist League Presentation, Doxey

Mr W T Richardson, wearing a characteristic buttonhole, presents the shield bearing his name, to Mr W Plant, Captain of the Doxey team, who were the Stafford Whist League champions. Others in the group ...

Worshippers outside the Quaker Meeting House, Stafford,

The Society of Friends, or Quakers, established themselves in Stafford around 1650. As a minority religion they were heavily persecuted. Quakers refused to be buried in St. Mary's churchyard, so they ...

Yarnfield Village Hall and School

The Village Hall was completed in 1932 and was added to the existing village school building. The village school remained on this site until 1952.