Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Agricultural Outbuildings
Page 10 of 11 193 Records Found

Teddesley Home Farm

Teddesley Home Farm was built in 1767. In 1820 an overshot water wheel was installed to power a stationary threshing machine. The original wooden wheel was replaced by an iron wheel in 1838. There ...

The apiary, Trentham Hall

One of the outbuildings linked with Trentham Hall: the apiary. The apiary was to the east of Park drive. here the estate beehives were kept.

The Dairy House, Trentham. Photographed by William Blake.

Landscape with a view of the Dairy House at Trentham, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The Grange, Cheddleton

View of Grange farm house from the south east.

The Stable Block at Crakemarsh Hall, near Uttoxeter

The Coach House was occupied by JCB from about 1947 until 1950 when they moved to new premises at Rocester. Crakemarsh Hall was extensively rebuilt in 1815 for Sir Thomas Cotton Sheppard around the ...

The Stables, Ingestre Hall

A view showing the Tea Room in the Stable Block at Ingestre, taken when Ingestre Hall was open to the public in the 1950s. The 'new' stables were designed by John Birch in the late nineteenth century. ...

The stables, Trentham Hall

Trentham Hall stables yard off Park Drive.

The Toyes, Enville

The Toyes or Toys Farm existed on this site by 1496. It was formerly known as Hay House and is named after the Toy family, landowners in Enville parish.

The Village, Alstonefield

Alstonefield is one of eight villages within the parish of the same name. In 1951 the parish became part of the Peak District National Park. The area is a popular place for walkers, and there are a number ...

The Village, Consall

The name Consall means 'Cuna's (from the Danish for king) hall'. The village was a former township in the ancient parish of Cheddleton and since the 13th century was part of the estate owned by the Draycott ...

Threshing Machine and Traction Engine, Shugborough,

Timber Framed Barn, Gnosall,

This timber framed barn stood to the north of St. Lawrence's Church. The barn was burnt down in 1949. Photograph donated by Stafford Historical and Civic Society, who retain copyright ownership.

Tixall - Lodge: pen and ink drawing

'Lodge at Tixall, opposite the Farm Buildings.' The former is an octagonal Jacobean stone building, with a cupola roof ending in a central chimney. The farm buildings are on the left of the lodge, across ...

Tixall Stables,

The semi-circular coach house and stables were built in the early nineteenth century. Designed by John Ireland the stables were built with higher pavilions at each end and a three-bay Gothic porch in ...

Tower, Ingestre Stables,

The original seventeenth century stables at Ingestre Hall are next to St. Mary's Church. The new stables (pictured) were designed by John Birch in the late nineteenth century. This elaborate building ...

Trent and Mersey Canal at Colwich

A view of the Trent and Mersey Canal at Colwich, looking south-east towards Colwich Lock. Towards the left is the tower of St. Micahel and All Angels Church and in between the church and the canal ...

Trentham estate

Photograph taken from the tower of St. Mary's & All Saints Church, Trentham, showing the service buildings at Trentham Hall. Stone Road (the A34) can be seen in the top right hand corner.

Trentham Gardens,

The original Trentham Hall was built in the 1630s for the Dukes of Sutherland. The Caroline house was replaced in the early eighteenth century by one in a Classical style. Capability Brown and Henry ...