Theme Explorer

Page 1 of 106 1906 Records Found

112 Lichfield Road, Stafford

This postcard view shows a house which is thought to be 112 Lichfield Road, Stafford. On the left of the picture there is a woman standing in the bay window looking towards the photographer. This is ...

A Town on Millennium Eve, Newcastle-under-Lyme

An oil painting by Tim Lloyd, commissioned for the Millennium by Newcastle-under-Lyme Museum and Art Gallery. The painting contains images of people celebrating Millennium's Eve in Newcastle and contains ...

Abbey House, Ranton.

Abbey House, built c.1820, is situated next to the ruined tower of Ranton Abbey (just visible behind the trees on the left). The house was damaged by fire during the Second World War whilst occupied ...

Ada Vernon and Helen Garle, Coton, Milwich,

Adams Clock tower, Tunstall Park.

Erected in 1907, the clock tower commemorates William Adams, a prominent pottery manufacturer in Tunstall. The Adams family operated the Greengates and Greenfield potteries amongst others. Panels around ...

Adbaston Hall

Adbaston Hall was built in 1725 near the church to replace the old manor house, although it was extensively remodeled in the early 19th century.

Aerial photograph of John Hill & Sons Nurseries at Spot Gate

In about 1849, John and Elijah Hill purchased land at Spot Acre, near Fulford in order to set up their nursery business there. John Hill and Sons Nursery eventually occupied about 800 acres around Spot ...

Aerial photograph of John Hill Nurseries at Spot Gate

In about 1849, John and Elijah Hill purchased land at Spot Acre, near Fulford in order to set up their nursery business there. John Hill and Sons Nursery eventually occupied about 800 acres around Spot ...

Aerial photograph of John Hill Nurseries at Spot Gate

In about 1849, John and Elijah Hill purchased land at Spot Acre, near Fulford in order to set up their nursery business there. John Hill and Sons Nursery eventually occupied about 800 acres around Spot ...

Aerial photograph of Lichfield

Minster Pool can be seen in the centre of this photgraph, with the cathedral on the left hand side. St. Mary's church can be seen on the far right, with Stowe Pools at the top. The bottom right hand ...

Aerial photograph of Shugborough Park

Shugborough Hall and gardens viewed from the west, with the River Trent to the left, the Arboretum and the River Sow in the foreground, and the old channel of the Sow forming an ornamental water feature ...

Aerial view of Chillington Pool

An photograph taken from a biplane, looking south east across the Chillington estate, near Brewood. Chillington Pool was created in the 1760s as part of landscape changes undertaken by Lancelot 'Capability' ...

Aerial View of Clayton, Newcastle-under-Lyme

A very different landscape to that of the present. Note the fork in the road to the right of the image - that is the junction between Northwood Lane and Clayton Road, the site of a roundabout today connecting ...

Aerial View of Darlaston Hall, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate was sold to James Collier, a wool merchant. The estate was sold to William Jervis of Meaford in 1655, and it remained ...

Aerial view of Farley Hall

The Farley estate passed to Richard Bill of Norbury, Derbyshire by marriage in 1607. He built Farley Hall shortly afterwards. There were extensive alterations in 1784. The Hall was later a Youth ...

Aerial view of Lancashire Dynamo Electronic Products Ltd's factory site, Brereton

The L.D.E.P. factory was built in 1955 with several subsequent extensions. The two and three storey office block at the top of this image dates from 1961; its top storey housed a conference room and ...

Aerial view of Market Square, Stafford

This aerial postcard view shows Stafford’s Market Square, with a glimpse of the Jubilee Fountain, erected in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. On the lower left is the Guildhall, in the centre ...

Aerial View of Meaford Hall, Stone,

Photograph taken from a sale catalogue. A hall has stood on this site since the seventeenth century. Towards the end of the century a William Jervis of Chatcull bought the estate, and in 1740 soldiers ...