Theme Explorer

Start Again > Buildings, Architecture, Monuments > Community, Meeting Centres & Village Halls
Page 1 of 10 166 Records Found

50th Anniversary Exhibition, Brewood Civic Society

Another view of Brewood Civic Society’s 50th Anniversary Exhibition, which was held in the Jubilee Hall, Bargate Street, Brewood.

50th Anniversary Exhibition, Brewood Civic Society

Pictured is Brewood Civic Society’s 50th Anniversary Exhibition, which was held in the Jubilee Hall, Bargate Street, Brewood. The exhibition included a display of photographs of “Old Brewood”, along with ...

Aerial view of Market Square, Stafford

This aerial postcard view shows Stafford’s Market Square, with a glimpse of the Jubilee Fountain, erected in 1887 to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. On the lower left is the Guildhall, in the centre ...

Alstonefield School

Alstonefield School was built in 1842 and closed in 1982. The school building is now occupied by the Village Hall. To the right can be seen the girls cloakroom which is now used as the entrance to the ...

Amateur dramatics, Great Bridgeford

An amateur dramatic production at Great Bridgeford Village Hall in the early 1950s. From left to right: Mr. Farmer, Eric Rowland, Mrs. Rowlands (standing back), Mrs. Hammersley (sitting), Mrs. D. Ingram....

Amington Youth Club, Tamworth

A Sausage supper of the Amington Youth Club, seen here with their Guest of Honor Mrs Barbara Castle (third from the left). Barbara Castle was Member of parliament for Blackburn between 1945 and 1979 ...

Armitage Youth Centre

Originally built as Armitage School, at the junction of Rugeley Road and Church Road in the mid 19th century, it has been the home of Armitage Youth Centre since about 1975. The hall is also used by ...

Assembly Rooms, Corporation Street, Tamworth

The Assembly Rooms are seen here with the Volunteer Fire Brigade extending a ladder to the left of the building. The Assembly Rooms were built in the Italian Renaissance style by public subscription to ...

Band rehearsal, Stone

The Stone Town Band rehearsal takes places every Friday at 8.00pm at The Frank Jordan Community Centre in Stone.

Belgrave Road, Dresden. Photographed by William Blake.

Street scene taken at Belgrave Road, Dresden, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. This is one of many street scenes in the Blake Collection. Most of them were taken in the Normacot and Dresden areas near ...

Berkswich Village Hall, Walton-on-the-Hill,

Berkswich Village Hall was built in 1931 on Green Gore Lane, off Lichfield Road. Funds were raised by public subscription and the land was provided by the late Mrs D.R. Haszard of Milford Hall. The ...

Best Maintained Village Hall Competition winners, Alstonefield

The Old Institute acted as village hall for Alstonefield from 1921 until the new Hall was opened in 1985. The site of the Institute is now occupied by the car park for the Peak District Housing Association ...

Biddulph Old Hall Entrance. Photographed by William Blake.

View of the entrance to Biddulph Old Hall, Nr. Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Bobbington Village Hall

Situated near Wolverhampton's Halfpenny Green Airfield, this photograph shows the wooden Village Hall being encased in brick. It now has a more substantial brick-built porch, possibly seen here under ...

Bourne Chapel, Longton. Photographed by William Blake.

Church exterior taken at Bourne Chapel, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

Bowling Club, Pattingham

Pictured are Albert Monckton, Stanley Nock, Fred Matthews, Victor Griffiths, Wilf Taylor, J. Ray, Harry Bramall, Albert Edwards, Jack Costello, John Edwards, Wilf ?, Harold Taylor, Fred Scriven, Jack ...

Boys' School, Leigh

The Parochial School for Boys in Church Leigh was designed by G.E. Street and opened in 1857. It is Grade II listed and is now Leigh Village Hall. Photograph by Alfred McCann of High Street, Uttoxeter....

Bradley Primary School, Bradley

Built around 1887 as Bradley Endowed School, it later became Bradley CE (CC) Primary School. The school closed in 1988 and the building is now used as the Village Hall.