Pooley Hall, pit bottom office

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1955

Description:Shown here is the dial telephone system which could contact any part of the pit. The photograph donor worked here in 1955

Pooley Hall and Amington Colliery merged with nearby Tamworth Collieries to form North Warwick Colliery, under which name it traded until its closure in c1965. The site of Polley Hall colliery is now a country park and mining heritage center.

Related themes:

Mining & Quarrying Mines
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Ray Dixon - Creator

Image courtesy of: Mr Ray Dixon

Donor ref:Pit14.jpg (152/17843)

Source: Mr Ray Dixon

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.