Memorial Hall, Eccleshall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1973

Description:The Memorial Hall, formerly the National School, at the junction of Kerry Lane and Church Street, Eccleshall. The National School was built in 1862. The school closed in 1928 and was used as a social club, and for a short time after World War II it was a cinema - in this photograph the faded painted sign for the cinema can be seen on the wall to the left. Today the building is a private residence.

From the County Archaeology photograph collection held at Staffordshire Record Office.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Record Office

Donor ref:C/P/65/6/1/18/16 (201/32223)

Source: Staffordshire County Record Office

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.