Sketch plan of Ravenhill House, Brereton as it was in the 1930s

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1936 (c.)

Description:This plan was drawn in 1986 by Harry Thornton, who had worked at Thorn EMI Automation (the company name at this date) when it was based at ravenhill House. It is based on information supplied by Major T. Gardener, whose parents lived in the house from 1920 to 1936. Note the reference to the ghost!
The house was advertised 'To let' in 1826 when in the possession of Orlando Bridgeman (note: the advertisement was withdrawn the following week) and described it as having: on the ground floor, a drawing room 20 feet x 18, eating room 24 feet 6 inches by 18, study, &c &c: also six bedchambers besides as dressing-rooms, servants' bedrooms, and offices, excellent Kitchen Gardens, Stables, Coach Houses, and conveniences for a Farm, with upwards of 58 Acres of Arable, Meadow, and Pasture Land, in the highest condition, and two pews in Rugeley Church.

From 1948 until the factory was built in the grounds in 1955, the house and its environs were used for the offices. Manufacturing with machining and fabrication, electro-plating and assembly functions was housed in the outbuildings at the rear.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:(184/29552)

Source: Landor Local History Society

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.