Hagley Hall, Rugeley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1984

Description:In 1941, Hagley Hall was bought by Mr C.J. Whieldon, proprietor of the Green Bus Company, Rugeley. Due to the War effort, he could not occupy the Hall until the Military had exited the property in 1945. Mr Wheildon refurbished the building, including the entrance porch using massive stone pillars brought from a property near Abbots Bromley.
In 1967 the Hall was bought by Rugeley Urban District Council and used as an arts centre. Hagley Hall was finally demolished around 1985 making room for a small housing development now called Bank Top.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:(190/29539)

Source: Mr John Fisher

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.