Demolition of Ravenhill House, Brereton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:Ravenhill House was demolished in 1993, during the transition from its ownership by Thorn EMI Electronics Plc and the management buy-out by P.M.E.S. Ltd. (Power, Magnetics & Electronics Systems) as a cost-saving measure as it was deemed surplus to requirements. In this photograph tiles and windows are being removed.
The Rugeley U.D.C. had put out tenders for the demolition of the house in 1939 but it survived for another half a century.

The bay faced the present paddling pool in Ravenhill Park, with the pedimented side door facing the Rugeley to Lichfield road through Brereton.
The building with the sloping roof, on the far right, was one of the many 20th century additions dating from the period when the site was used for industrial purposes.

View Location


Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Landor Local History Society

Donor ref:(184/29508)

Source: Landor Local History Society

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.