St. Andrew's Church, Weston under Lizard

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.


Description:St. Andrew's Church was rebuilt in 1700-1701 by Lady Wilbraham and adjoins Weston Hall. Only the east wall with its 14th century window remains from the medieval structure. The vestry and Bridgeman family chapel were added in 1876-1877 by Ewan Christian.

This is one of a series of watercolours of all the churches in Lichfield Diocese in Staffordshire, painted by Miss Theodosia Hinckes and Mrs Rebecca Moore (wife of the Archdeacon of Stafford for Lichfield Cathedral) for Lichfield Cathedral between 1857 and 1861. Reproduced by Kind Permission of the Chapter of Lichfield Cathedral who retain copyright.


Donor ref:(200/28475)

Source: Deanery watercolours, Lichfield Cathedral

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.