Beaudesert Hall and Park

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:21st of August 2013

Description:Beaudesert Park is an area of historic parkland, within which are the ruins of Beaudesert Hall, a walled kitchen garden, remains of a stable block, an ice house, ponds and cascades. The parkland is located on the eastern edge of Cannock Chase, Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and comprises part of the country estate owned by generations of the Paget family between 1546 and 1935.

This photograph of the Walled Kitchen Garden was taken during a field trip to the site by the Landor Society.

The Walled Garden is approximately 2½ acres on a South facing sloping site. It was built in 1911 to replace an earlier Walled Garden in the Park which was considered inconvenient because it was to far away from the Hall.

The Beaudesert Trust own and manage Beaudesert Park and welcomes Youth organisations, such as Scouts and Guides, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, Youth Clubs and Schools, Colleges and University groups.

The Walled Garden is used for various outdoor activities and educational experiences.

The ruins of Beaudesert Hall are nearby, and this was the mansion of the Pagets, Marquesses of Anglesey. Its core was medieval, with later alterations. It was demolished in the early 1930's.

The main staircase and much interior panelling were shipped to Australia and can be seen at a house called Carrick Hill, near Adelaide.