The Stone House , Seisdon

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:1960 - 1970 (c.)

Description:The Stone House stands on Post Office Road. It consisted of a 17th century sandstone crosswing attached to an earlier, possibly originally 14th century, timber-framed building. The cross wing was probably built using stone from the deconsecrated chapel in Seisdon, that came into the possession of Thomas Dolman in 1552. Descendants of this Thomas Dolman owned the property, then known as The Tanhouse, until the latter part of the 17th century. The house was in a derelict condition in 1975, but has since been restored.

Related themes:

Village Views
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: County Archaeology Department - Creator

Donor ref:C/P/65/5/1/36/33/2 (43/11728)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.