Date:1930 - 1935 (c.)
Description:A view looking south from the Essex Bridge, downstream along the River Trent. Further down the river can be seen the cast iron bridge which carried the drive from Shugborough Hall to Little Haywood. It was removed during the 1950s, leaving the section across the Trent & Mersey Canal. Postcard published by J.H. Morrough, newsagent, Great Haywood.
Click on an item to view details for that resource
This cast iron bridge, now numbered Bridge 72A, still (2026) spans the Trent and Mersey Canal at Great ...
A view looking south from the Essex Bridge, downstream along the River Trent. Further down the river ...
Share:
Donor ref:06_130r (226/37814)
Source: Mr Jake Whitehouse
Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.