6th Battalion North Staffords, Anglesey Road, Burton-upon-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1914

Description:The 6th North Staffords was a Territorial Army battalion with its Headquarters at Burton-upon-Trent. On the outbreak of the Great War in August 1914, it had just gone to Annual Camp at St. Asaph, Wales. It immediately returned home, ‘mobilised’ at Burton and on 15th August went by train to Luton, remaining in that area until crossing to France in March 1915.

Anglesey Road signal box can be seen in the background of this photograph.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:4857 (31/6173)

Source: Staffordshire Regiment Museum

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.