Retirement of Mr H J Lewis at The English Electric Co., Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:February 1965

Description:Mr Harold Joseph Lewis, who joined the Company in 1916 in the Switchgear Machine shop, retired on 31st December 1964 after nearly half a century's service in Switchgear.

Mr Lewis was a planner/rate-fixer who transferred to rate-fixing in 1930 after attaining the position of section leader on lathes. He was presented with a 40 year service certificate in 1956. To mark his retirement, he received a wallet containing money from his colleagues. This was presented by Mr G.D. Young, Assistant to the Chief Production Engineer, Switchgear Division.

Acknowledgement: This photograph was published in the News supplement of The English Electric and its People magazine, in February 1965.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1950s
English Electric Co., Stafford
English Electric Co., Stafford

Members of the English Electric Co., Stafford Works Engineering Society are pictured ...

1970s
GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford
GEC, Lichfield Road, Stafford

Pictured is one of the sections of the Main Printing and Reprographic Department ...

1980s
GEC ALSTHOM, Lichfield Road, Stafford
GEC ALSTHOM, Lichfield Road, Stafford

During GEC ALSTHOM’s ownership of the Lichfield Road site in Stafford, several old ...

Share:


Donor ref:BM-DPIN-012a (192/52560)

Source: Mr Bob Metcalfe

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.