Allerton’s Pottery, Uttoxeter Rd, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1930 - 1938 (c.)

Description:Allerton’s Pottery was founded in 1859 and was part of the Cauldon Pottery Group from 1912. The pottery closed in 1942.
Pictured is the Cup Making Shop with Ethel Ibbs at the front of the top photograph and bottom left in the lower left-hand photograph. Allerton’s made both china and earthenware items.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1940s
Ken and Geoff Platt, Uttoxeter Road, Longton
Ken and Geoff Platt, Uttoxeter Road, Longton

Ken and Geoff Platt who lived at 5 High St (later Uttoxeter Rd), Longton, pictured ...

1990s
Uttoxeter Road, Longton
Uttoxeter Road, Longton

Shops on Uttoxeter Road opposite the Union Hotel in Longton.

2010s
Backstamps of Longton Pottery Companies
Backstamps of Longton Pottery Companies

A selection of backstamps of Longton pottery companies operating during the 20th ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Peter Landon

Donor ref:(236/42786)

Source: Mr Peter Landon

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.