Date:1910 - 1911 (c.)
Description:Staff at the Roller Rink at 14, Market Street, Tamworth. The large covered building which stood here was being used as the local barracks of the Salvation Army in 1897, and as a rifle range and shooting club in 1904. The Roller Rink was opened in 1910 but was quite short-lived as by 1921 the building was occupied by Fitelson's Bazaar, which in turn was succeeded by the Peacock Textile Co. Bazaar from around 1936. It was demolished in 1961, by which time it was a covered market known as the Arcade. The new building was a supermarket, at first First Choice, then Fine Fare, and is now (2018) a branch of Bright House.
The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.
Thomas B. Allkins took over an existing chemist's shop at 33 Market Street in 1897 ...
The Berni Steak House at the Peel Arms Hotel at number 1, Market Street, Tamworth. ...
Share:
Ordering:Click the button to add the item to your basket. Follow the link for further information on ordering.
Image courtesy of: Mrs Diane Wells
Donor ref:Roller Rink 1906 (2) (55/40735)
Source: Miscellaneous Collection
Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.