Ashcombe Park,Cheddleton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1810 - 1900 (c.)

Description:Originally there was Elizabethan mansion known as Botham Hall built on the site of the current house, surrounded by a deer park. In the late 18th century the house was owned by the Debank family, but on the marriage of Jane Debank to William Sneyd it became another of the Sneyd's estates in the area. By about 1810 the couple had built a completely new house to replace Botham Hall, which they named Ashcombe Park House. The property remained in the Sneyd family until 1936 when it was sold. There have been no deer on the estate since WWII.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:1994.463 (20/3792)

Source: Leek Museum:Staffordshire Moorlands District Council

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.