50000th Reliant Regal

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1970 - 1980 (c.)

Description:Tom Scott, the Managing Director of Reliant is seen here at a presentation to mark the 50000th Reliant Regal.

The Reliant Motor Company was formed in 1935 when Mr T.L. Williams decided to build his own three wheeled vehicle in his back garden at Kettlebrook, Tamworth. In 1973 Reliant introduced the most famous of their three wheelers, The Reliant Robin.


Reliant production was based in Two Gates at Tamworth for 65 years, until December 1998 when the factory was closed for the last time and production moved to a new purpose built factory at Burntwood, Cannock.

The company hit difficulties in the 1990's and, in October 1990, called in the receivers. Then in April 1996 Reliant was bought by a consortium of Businessmen and production was finally resumed. Production of the Robin continued at Reliant until February 2001, when the last Reliant Robin was collected by its' owner. However in April 2001 B & N Plastics was granted a licence from Reliant to continued making the Robin, with production beginning at the end of that month.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:reg002 (2/244)

Source: www.3wheelers.com ,  Reliant Motor Club

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.