English Electric Co. staff, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:1930 - 1935 (c.)

Description:3rd from left in the middle row is Charles Pearson.

Siemens Bros. Electrical Engineering Works opened its Lichfield Road factory in 1903, after relocating from Woolwich with 800 of its employees. The company manufactured generators, electric motors and various other electrical appliances.

The Siemens were German so at the beginning of the First World War the factory was taken over by the government and put to war work.

In 1918 Siemens merged with several companies, including Dick, Kerr and Co., to become the English Electric Co.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Mr Stuart Pitchford Pearson

Donor ref:6 English Electric Staff Charles Pearson 3rd from (55/21420)

Source: Miscellaneous Collection

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.