Bagnall's Locomotive Builders, Stafford

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1949 - 1951 (c.)

Description:W.G. Bagnall Ltd. was established in 1870 in Castle Street, Stafford. Bagnall's first locomotive was produced in 1875, the company going on to produce machines for collieries and overseas plantations. Eventually Bagnall's was manufacturing powerful locomotives for some of the world's most important railways.

In 1951 Bagnall's merged with Brush Traction Ltd., and in 1959 the firm was sold to W.H. Dorman Ltd. Two years later they were taken over by the English Electric Co. and production at the Castle Street works ceased.

Pictured on the front row are, from left to right, Unknown, Cliff Hart, Ken Flint, Ted Millgate, Unknown, and Fred Whiting. On the back row are, from left to right, Jack Shorter, Unknown, Unknown, Paddy sullivan, Unknown, Unknown, and Dick Wells.

Related themes:

Locomotives Groups Engineering
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:KF_06 (101/15783)

Source: Mr Ken Flint

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.