Marson's Grocers Shop Advertisement, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1897

Description:Advertisement for Marson's grocers shop, celebrating Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.

Marson's was established in the Ancient High House on Greengate Street by John Marson in 1826. His son, William Albert, eventually took over his father's grocery business. In 1885 he added gables and new shop fronts, establishing himself as a high class family grocer and Italian warehouseman.

In 1890 Marson also opened the 'Old Curiosity Shop' behind the High House, selling china, furniture, pictures and other curios.

Share:


Image courtesy of: William Salt Library

Donor ref:William Salt Library No., 20P, img: 720 (18/1240)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.