Description:A class group of infant children pose outdoors with a teacher. This image is undated, but the school's name is evident on the slate being held by two children in the middle of the picture.
Hazel Slade School was built in 1884 as All Saints Mission Church School on land donated by the Marquis of Anglesey, chiefly for use as a church but also as a day school. By 1892 it was an infants' school but by 1912 it was mixed and infants' school. The older children were transferred to Rawnsley [Board] School in 1920. A new school was built on a site nearby at the junction of the Rugeley and Cannock Wood Roads in 1936 and enlarged in 1948.
Hazel Slade village is also known and written as Hazelslade.
Image kindly donated by Mr Richard Astbury.