Description:The garden front of High Onn Manor, near Church Eaton. At the time of this photograph High Onn Manor was farmed by Mr Paul Kemp, who had taken over from his father-in-law, Mr R. Rogers in 1942. He gave up the farm in 1970.
High Onn Manor house was originally surrounded by a moat, part of which still remains. In 1255 it belonged to the Priory of Ware as part of the Abbey of St. Evroul in Normandy. After the Hundred Years War with France the Priory was given to the Priory of Sheen in Surrey. Following the Dissolution of the Monasteries by Henry VIIII Sir John Giffard of Chillington, Brewood, bought the manor in 1540 and it remained with the Giffards until 1863. The lands were then sold to John Morris of Wood Eaton and High Onn Manor house to James Wyley, Land Agent. The old High Onn Manor had been demolished in the early 19th century and the current house built on the same site.