Description:The line was opened in December 1867 as a single track by the Stafford & Uttoxeter Railway Company. It was nicknamed the Clog and Knocker. Nineteen years later the company folded and the line was sold to the Great Northern Railway Company (GNR) who subsequently doubled the track and built a new timber station which spanned the lines as seen here.
Passenger traffic was withdrawn in 1939, but the line was kept open for milk traffic. The high cost of maintenance proved too expensive, and the line closed in 1951, having never shown a profit. It was mostly broken up by 1959, although a part remained (at the Stafford end) for military traffic using the sidings at RAF Stafford (16 MU) until around 1975.