Description:This building was constructed between 1878 and 1900 and is part of Sneyd Oxide Factory and Warehouse occupying building formerly occupied by Caterham Brothers Fireplaces. It consists of one irregular unit with basement and a courtyard to rear. There is a double doorway on a concrete lintel with a brick platform and steps, and also a double gate on a metal lintel alongside.
The Heath family has been supplying colours and glazes for the pottery industry since 1875. Born in 1914, Ewart Sydney Heath started work in the family business in 1928. The company was renamed Sneyd Oxides Ltd. in 1969 and moved into these buildings around this time, adding capacity to their Sneyd Works on nearby Leonora Street. Ewart Heath was still executive chairman of Sneyd Oxides at the age of 80 in 1993. Since 2010, the company has been known as Sneyd Ceramics Limited, and develops and supplies colours and glazes used in modern-day ceramics, supplying all sectors of the industry including Churchill China and the Portmeirion Group as well as small individual potters, schools and other educational facilities.
The car is a Morris Marina 2-Door Coupe which was manufactured from 1972-1980.