Christ Church Charabanc Outing, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1918 - 1920 (c.)

Description:Christ Church opened on Foregate Street in 1839. Its mission church, St. Aidan's, was consecrated in 1902 on Marston Road.

Christ Church closed in 1976. In 1983 it was demolished; sheltered housing for the elderly now stands on the site.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1850s
Portrait of the Rev. Harrison, Stafford,
Portrait of the Rev. Harrison, Stafford,

The Rev. Thomas Harrison was the vicar of Christ Church on Foregate Street.

1900s
Christ Church Interior, Stafford,
Christ Church Interior, Stafford,

Christ Church opened on Foregate Street in 1839. Its mission church, St. Aidan's, ...

1950s
Christ Church A.Y.P.A. Celebration, Stafford,
Christ Church A.Y.P.A. Celebration, Stafford,

Christ Church Anglican Young People's Association celebration. Christ Church ...

1980s
National School, Gaol Road
National School, Gaol Road

The National School in Gaol Road was built in 1825 by St Mary's Church but later ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Staffordshire County Records Office

Donor ref:County Record Office No., D4780/6/4, img: 427 (18/971)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.