John Townsend's Saddlers Shop, Stafford,

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1919 - 1921 (c.)

Description:Townsend's Saddle and Harness shop was located at 24 Greengate Street.

Prior to 1910 Townsends was situated at 32 Greengate Street, next door to the Baths Hotel (now Seamus O' Donell's Irish Bar).


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1860s
Greengate Street, Stafford,
Greengate Street, Stafford,

Note the cattle tethered by the Swan Hotel, whose sign can be seen clearly in the ...

1890s
Lloyds Vaults Public House, Stafford,
Lloyds Vaults Public House, Stafford,

The Lloyds Vaults public house was originally built in the late eighteenth century ...

1900s
Greengate Street, Stafford,
Greengate Street, Stafford,

The Gothic building on the left was the District Bank, completed in 1907. Inside ...

1940s
Chetwynd House, Stafford,
Chetwynd House, Stafford,

Chetwynd House was built around 1712-1715 by William Chetwynd, 3rd Viscount Chetwynd ...

1960s
Folk singer Noel Murphy at the Cygnet Folk Club,
Folk singer Noel Murphy at the Cygnet Folk Club,

Noel Murphy performing at the Cygnet Folk Club. The Cygnet Folk Club was based ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P97.010.0008 (18/902)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.