Church Party from Darlaston Hall, Stone

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1910 (c.)

Description:James Meakin with his family in an open carriage known as a Landau; they are dressed for church.

Mr Meakin, a pottery manufacturer, owned Darlaston Hall from 1880. The hall was remained in the Meakin family up to 1951. The hall, situated at the bottom of Yarnfield Lane, was bought by Mr Meakin from the Jervis family. The hall is now demolished and a bungalow now occupies the site.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1820s
Darlaston Hall
Darlaston Hall

The Hall in this engraving was demolished and rebuilt during the 19th century. The ...

1920s
Bernard Meakin, Staffordshire County Cricket Club,
Bernard Meakin, Staffordshire County Cricket Club,

Born at Darlaston Hall near Stone on 5 March 1885, Bernard Meakin was a member of ...

1950s
Glasshouses, Darlaston Hall Estate, Stone,
Glasshouses, Darlaston Hall Estate, Stone,

The Darlaston estate was owned by Burton Abbey, but during the Reformation the estate ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:P79.021.0013 (18/738)

Source: Staffordshire Museum Service

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.