Berry Hill Colliery, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1950 - 1960 (c.)

Description:Berry Hill colliery, Fenton (1863-1960). This colliery occupied three sites in the same area. For many years Berry Hill was the headquarters of the former Staffordshire and Western Areas of the National Coal Board. It was once the site of the Berryhill Rescue Station, and was also the subject of a public outcry against British Coal’s plan to turn the site into a vast opencast mine.

Related themes:

Mining & Quarrying Mines
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Image courtesy of: Keele University - William Jack Collection

Donor ref:(42/7089)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.